Monthly Report for the Heritage Lottery Fund May 2022
St Sylvester’s Church Renovation and Community Project, Chivelstone Parish, Kingsbridge
With the repair works now complete work during May covered the implementation of the Activity and Interpretation plans and Evaluation Report.
Tasks carried out in the Month
- General project administration and record keeping was undertaken.
- We continue to raise funds through events such as coffee mornings, lunches, Lottery activities, etc.
- We continue with the contract maintenance period and no issues so far. We will continue to monitor the performance of the repairs and carry out a final review at final completion early next year.
- We have appointed a qualified plasterer to repair the damage to the internal plasterwork in the south east corner of the church around the organ and to the south porch, the repair work will take place in June.
- With substantial completion of the repair works Historic England have now confirmed that St Sylvester’s Church will be removed from the Heritage at Risk Register.
- The project website continues to be updated and we are still seeing a good level of hits.
- Instalments 18 and 19 of the Church Blog have been issued.
Community Engagement/Activity Plan
- The Wildflower Garden created back in April are now beginning to grow and hopefully will be in full bloom at our Launch Event in July.
- In conjunction with our project partner the South Devon AONB we are organising The Bug Walk / Bug Home activity planned for 18 June.
- The Memory Trail information is now available in the church which we organised with our project partner the Arts Society Kingsbridge.
- We held our Evaluation Wash Up meeting with our adviser Christina Dixon on 9 May and are now in the process of preparing the Evaluation Report.
- We are also making preparations for ‘The Church Celebration of the Lottery Grant Open Day’ due to be held on 16 July.
- Volunteer time this month was 96 hours (2296 hours in total) mainly working on the Activities and Wedding Dress Day in particular, Evaluation, and Project Admin.