Monthly Report for the Heritage Lottery Fund July 2019
St Sylvester’s Church Renovation and Community Project, Chivelstone Parish, Kingsbridge
Work during July continued with the Community Activity Plan and Events, development of Architectural plans and investigatory surveys and preparation for the Church Fete.
Tasks carried out in the Month
- The Monitoring Meeting was held on 4th July at Honey Lane House.
- The next monitoring meeting will be the Development Review and will be held on 6th November at the NHLF Offices in Exeter.
- The Governance review final report is awaiting comments from the Diocese before finalising.
- The NHLF Progress Report template to accompany the 2nd Payment application was completed and submitted on 30th July.
- Preparations are well underway for the Church Fete in early August.
- The 2nd Grant Payment Request was submitted on 30th July.
- Our first LPOW VAT reclaim submission has been rejected as we have not yet engaged a Contractor to carry out the physical work. It has been agreed that the PCC will cover any shortfall in VAT reclaim through its own reserves and NHLF will consider the use of any spare contingency and inflation budget once the Development Phase work is complete.
- The draft of the Car Park lease is still with the Diocese Solicitor in Exeter.
- Le Page Architects are progressing with the investigatory work and progress has been made on the following;
- We are continuing discussions with the ecologists for advice on the design of the glass screen between the tower and the nave.
- Architectural repair drawings are being prepared for Faculty List B which will be submitted to DAC in early August.
- The Conservation Report has been received from Humphrey and Jones Conservators.
- The Faculty Application to the DAC was submitted on 1st July and they will be visiting the church on 9th September to look at the Faculty/re-ordering.
- The Quantity Surveyor is pricing the new work and repairs.
- The NHLF Project page on the History website continues to be updated.
- A tremendous amount of work has been carried out in Community Engagement and progressing the development of the Activity Plan. Key developments have covered the following;
- Work on the Activity Plan is focused on getting a draft document together to discuss with the NHLF in September.
- The Church Open Day taster with our project partners the History Society and AONB was held on 21st July and was very well attended.
- Focus is now on organising the Church Fete in early August.
- Visits to Halwill and Ashwater Churches who have both received lottery funding was made in early July.
- Final arrangements for the music concert on 21st August led by Chris Vanderspar (lead cello at Royal Opera House) are being made.
- Taster ‘Champing’ by the local Scouts was carried out on 5th/6th
Slippage in the Month
- Just slightly behind on the Access Audit and Asbestos Survey.
- Volunteer time this month equated to 188 hours mainly working on Community Activity Plan, Events and Project Administration.