Monthly Report for the Heritage Lottery Fund May 2019
St Sylvester’s Church Renovation and Community Project, Chivelstone Parish, Kingsbridge
Work during May continued at a pace on the Community Activity Plan, supporting Prawle Fair, development of Architectural plans and starting the investigatory surveys.
Tasks carried out in the Month
- Next Monitoring Meeting agreed to be held on 4th July at St Sylvester’s Church
- The Governance training course is confirmed for the 24th June and will be carried out by South Hams Community and Voluntary Services which will include a Governance Health check against the Charity Governance code and possible annual reviews thereafter.
- Support was given to the Prawle Fair on 26th May.
- Preparations now underway for the Church Fete in early August.
- Work started on the NHLF ‘Progress Report’ template to support the application for the next ‘Grant Payment Request’ likely to be in July.
- The Car Park lease is still being finalised with the Diocese Solicitor in Exeter.
- Le Page Architects are progressing with the investigatory work and progress has been made on the following;
- The Bat Conservation Trust undertook the bat survey on 16th May.
- The Conservation Consultants will begin their work in early June.
- Architect drawings of the new works have been prepared and sent to the DAC and Historic England for a Faculty Pre-Application and also to the National Amenity bodies such as SPAB. We expect to submit the Faculty Application drawings by the 1st
- The NHLF Project page on the History website continues to be updated.
- At the ANOB Management Plan launch we met Rob Heyland of the Ivybridge Gazette and have forwarded him our press statement and articles related to the Bird Walk and Open Day.
- Plans are being discussed for the creation of a fund raising thermometer at the church to give feedback on progress against our project target.
- A tremendous amount of work has been carried out in Community Engagement and progressing the development of the Activity Plan and has covered the following;
- A NHLF Project stand was set up at Prawle Fair by the History Society/PCC which attracted a lot of interest and was a good venue to give feedback on the project so far (see attached photographs)
- Invited and attended the ANOB Management Plan launch for the next five years and we are investigating ways to fund Nicky Bailey from the ANOB in supporting our project.
- Community taster activities are arranged with the Bird Walk on 16 June and Open Day on 21 July and a visit is being arranged for Stokenham Guides to test out our Childrens Trail prior to the Open Day.
- The visit to St Pol de Leon church took place on 1 May where we met with the Rev Andrew Yates and his team and learnt many things from their NHLF project.
- We also visited Walkhampton Church to see how it has been developed.
- Arrangements are being made for a Cathedral Evensong at St Sylvester’s on Palm Sunday next year.
- A music concert is arranged for the 21st August led by Chris Vanderspar (lead cello at Royal Opera House.)
- The Survey Questionnaire is still being widely circulated .
Slippage in the Month
- Start up of some surveys still slightly behind but should be back on programme by next month.
- Governance review slippage will be rectified during June.
- Volunteer time this month equated to 121 hours mainly working on the Prawle Fair support and stand, Community Activity Plan and Project Administration.