Monthly Report for the Heritage Lottery Fund April 2019
St Sylvester’s Church Renovation and Community Project, Chivelstone Parish, Kingsbridge
Work during April slowed a little because of the Easter break but progress was made with development of the Community Activity Plan and Activities; finalising contract with the Consultant Architect; starting the investigatory surveys and general administration.
Tasks carried out in the Month
- Next Monitoring Meeting agreed to be held on 4th July at St Sylvester’s Church.
- The Governance training course arranged for April was unfortunately cancelled and is to be re-scheduled for the latter half of June.
- Support being given to the May Prawle Fair and arrangements regarding a joint History Society and Lottery Project stand are continuing.
- Updated Cash Flow issued to NHLF showing worst case scenario.
- The Car Park lease still being finalised with the Diocese Solicitor in Exeter.
- The Car Park was used to its full extent on Easter Sunday and provided parking for over 25 cars (see attached photograph.)
- The RIBA Contract with our Consultant Architects ‘Le Page Architects’ has now been signed.
- Application made to the Bat Conservation Trust to undertake the bat survey which we hope will be provide free of charge.
- The Measured Survey was carried out by Preston Engineering at the end of April and has now been received.
- Le Page Architects are mobilising the other sub consultants to carry out the investigatory work on the Church and have also reviewed the detailed tasks.
- HLF Project Page on the History website continues to be updated.
- External communications working well and focus will now be on the Interpretation section of the Activity Plan.
- Following the Easter break work has been progressing with the development of the Activity Plan and has covered the following;
- Reviewing Consultation findings to form a basis for Activity Plan development and a meeting in June has been arranged with the Activity Consultant.
- Around 25 people attended the Bat Walk on the 26th April organised with Nigel Mortimer from South Devon AONB (see attached Photograph.)
- Other community taster activities have been arranged with the Bird Walk on 16 June and Open Day on 21 July.
- A visit to St Pol de Leon church has been arranged for the 1 May with the Rev Andrew Yates to learn from their NHLF project.
- We also visited Cornworthy and Holbeton Churches who have had NHLF projects.
- We are also looking at developing a ‘Mummers Play’ for the Christmas festive period as part of the Activity Plan.
- The Survey Questionnaire is still being widely circulated .
Slippage in the Month
- Start up of some surveys still slightly behind but should be back on programme by next month.
- Volunteer time this month equated to 36.75 hours mainly working on the Architect Consultant Contract, Community Activity Plan and Project Administration.